Migraine symptoms can be difficult and sometimes impossible to live with. A migraine can make it impossible to get out of bed in the morning, go to work or keep up with children. Essentially, any task that is even slightly demanding may be impossible to do when struggling with such severe pain. Not only do migraines cause significant pain but they also produce a variety of symptoms that can only exasperate the problem.
COMMON MIGRAINE SYMPTOMS
We regularly treat patients who experience some or all of the following symptoms:
- Pain in the face or neck. The most common symptom of a migraine is severe pain that radiates throughout the head and sometimes into the face and neck.
- Feeling light-headed. Some people report feeling light-headed as though they could faint.
- Nasal congestion. Sometimes, the headache will be accompanied by a stuffy nose or other nasal congestion.
- Sensitivity to touch. When a migraine is severe, the person’s skin may be very sensitive to touch.
- Nausea. A migraine can make a person feel as though they are going to throw up, even if they do not.
- Dizziness. Our patients often report feeling dizzy or unsteady on their feet.
- Sensitivity to light. It is incredibly common to find it impossible to be in a brightly lit room or step outside when suffering from a migraine.
- Sensitivity to sound. When struggling with a migraine, most people find that loud noises are assaulting.
- Depression. It is common to suffer from depression when struggling with a migraine or any type of intense pain.
- Irritability. Even if people are not depressed, they may find that they are highly irritable or grumpy because of their pain.
- Blurred vision. Some people report having difficulty seeing clearly when struggling with a migraine.
These symptoms can range from minor to severe. We recommend scheduling an appointment even if they are tolerable since it is possible for migraines to grow in intensity.
MIGRAINES IMPACT EVERYONE DIFFERENTLY
It is important to note that everyone’s migraine symptoms will be different. Some people may experience one of the above symptoms while others will experience all or most of them. Additionally, the degree to which people experience these symptoms will vary. For some, migraines are so debilitating because the severity of symptoms is extreme. For example, nausea may cause them to throw up and sensitivity to light may make it impossible to even open their eyes. For others, nausea and sensitivity may only be a minor inconvenience. In any case, it is important to seek help for a migraine so that it no longer interferes with a person’s daily living.
WE CAN HELP
We offer a migraine treatment that helps our patients to live a life free from migraine pain and the symptoms associated with it. We have witnessed our patients’ lives transformed as they begin to feel better and no longer live in fear of constant migraines. If this is a condition that you are struggling with, we encourage you to call our office and schedule an appointment to that we can begin providing the treatment you need to recover.